Books that have helped me let go of my perfectionism and need for control.
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it Isn’t): Making the Journey from “What will they Think” to “I Am Enough“, by Brené Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are, by Brené Brown
- Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change and Thrive in Work and Life, by Susan David
- Playing Big: A Practical Guide for Brilliant Women like You, by Tara Mohr
- Everyday Blessings: Mindfulness for Parents, by Myla & Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Hardwiring Happiness: How to Reshape your Brain and your Life, by Rick Hanson
- The Happiness Trap: A Revolutionary Mindfulness-based programme for Overcoming Stress, Anxiety and Depression, by Russ Harris
- Into the Heart of Mindfulness: Finding a Way of Well-being, by Ed Halliwell
- Healing through the Dark Emotions: The Wisdom of Grief, Fear and Despair, by Miriam Greenspan
- Fierce Self-Compassion: How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power and Thrive, by Dr Kristen Neff
These books have helped me on my journey of letting go of perfectionism, dealing compassionately with my emotions and embracing who I really am.
I hope they are useful to you too.
“Thank you for providing such a safe space for me. You gave me safety and compassion and encouragement but also challenged me.”
JULIA, MOTHER, UK